Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fantictic Update - trust me - there are a lot of tics

Finally, on the eve of Maundy Thursday, at 10:54 pm, the dawn and beginning of a new post, a new composition, one that will herald great things, functioning as a good tidings-bearer to the most delinquent among us to the most diligent, an ode for the common people, a blessing capable of bearing much fruit, worthy of much reverence, awe, and worried note-taking and hand-raising...etc., etc.....

So....to speak diaretically....much has changed since my last post.  I am no longer a greek and philosophy major at Calvin College.  I was a pizza delivery driver for a longish period of time but have since transcended the petty confines and limits of that position to the liberality and grace that unemployment has so generously afforded me.  Ah me!  Sad hours seem long.  Luckily, they generally contain much Spanish.

Spanish is the language I intend to learn well of enough to interpret in it.  Perhaps this is a fool's goal, but, for now, I'll play the fool.  To learn I try to imitate the learning model proposed by AGL (Automatic Language Growth), a site whose language learning philosophy contains, so to speak, a wealth of pearls surrounded by so much swine (and, I'll add, general swill).  It is too tedious for me to relay in much detail these pearls, but to reduce its pearls to my own copted, boiled down, not as shiny pearl, for all you lovers of pearls out there (no matter the quality), it can be reduced to watching much Spanish television.  As I like Argentinian spanish the most, and go ahead and make a you-turn if you think it's silly, I watch much Rebelde Way, sprinkled with a little Lalola here and there for seasoning.  But chiefly Rebelde Way.

I watch with little discretion and much amusement, though admittedly this begins to fade out into tedium at around the fifth or sixth consecutive episode.  I try to imitate the stupidity of a child as much as possible, though I also try to enjoy myself.

Now, this has all taken too long to type, so I'm going to stop here, and watch an episode of the aforementioned television show, so I can get my Rebelde groove going for at least an hour today.

Sayonara, Baudilaires!

No comments:

Post a Comment