Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mozart, K.35 "Die Schuldigkeit des ersten Gebots," I will be using translations in order to comprehend the German, which I cannot, on my own, understand completely.  Sinfonia: Allegro - enjoyed this well enough, concentrating on form, first and foremost, I found myself delighting in the whole of it - must take this as the operating maxim of this classical music criticism - pay attention to form; It seems that I only have the arias to listen to - I will read the recatitives, and make similar criticisms as I have done to the music; Opening Recatitive - nothing to say; Aria (Christgeist) Mit Jammer muß ich schauen - sort of pretty, the middle part has some rather vibrant lyricism; Rezatativ 2 - nothing to say; Aria (Barmherzigkeit) Ein ergrimmter Löwe brüllet - part that begins "Doch der Jäger..." is quite pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment